It’s Monday and the working week stretches out ahead. Are you looking forward to what you can achieve this week, or are you lacking some direction and need help to get your business moving forward?
You’re not alone. There are a few things you can do to be more efficient and productive so that you start heading in the right direction again.
Here are 5 tips you can implement this week, that will help you regain some focus:
- Plan your week ahead of time. Writing down what you’re going to do on a daily basis can boost your efficiency, as it helps give you focus and prioritise your tasks. Regular breaks are important for efficiency and productivity, so keep that in mind when you plan your days ahead.
- If you’ve a large project on the go that feels overwhelming, just take time to break the project down into smaller more achievable steps that will take you from A (project start) to Z (desired end result). Think about what needs to be achieved and write out a checklist if need be, to help you identify key tasks along the journey.
- Don’t try to do everything all at once – prioritise what needs doing first. If it’s possible, delegate some tasks to other people on your team. If you’re a solopreneur, consider outsourcing some of your work if possible.
- Take regular breaks throughout the day. Whilst you might not want to leave a task if you’re deeply engrossed in it, you’ll find you can achieve more if you take regular small breaks. Long periods sitting at a desk, hunched over the keyboard is not only a strain on your eyesight and not good for your posture, though if you don’t take brief ‘switch off’ moments then this can lead to mental and emotional overload.
- Keep your desk organised. It can be tempting to have all of the things you need right in front of you, which can lead to a cluttered desktop with not much room to move. Just have what’s appropriate for the task at hand! Stay organised.
Stick to the schedule you’ve set yourself as far as possible. At the end of each day, just take a few moments to reflect on how the day went, and consider if you need to make any tweaks or adapt your schedule for the following day.
Wishing you a productive week ahead!
All the best,