I am part of Better Women’s Network which is a group of women in business helping each other to grow. The leaders of this group give us 15 minute-tasks every day that guide us towards the direction we should go with a business online. Recently, we were asked to write down our goals for life and business.
Why is it important to write down your goals? You need to have a plan for your life and your business. What do you envision yourself and your family doing this year or in the near future? How is your business going to grow? Do you have a dream for further years?
You should write down everything that comes to mind. Then, you separate the items as follows:
- short-term goals = one year
- mid-term goals = one to three years
- long-term goals = three years and beyond
Here is an example of how you can itemize your goals:
1. My Short-Term Goals (1 year)
– Learn how to use Pinterest
– Spend at least 2 hours/day on my online business
– Renew my library card
– Go back to exercising 3 times a week
– Renew my Brazilian passport
– Start earning $ 1,000/month online
– Order business cards
– Learn simultaneous interpreting
2. My Mid-Term Goals (1-3 years)
– Grow my tutoring business
– Start making $ 3,000/month online
– Start a personal blog
– Do simultaneous interpreting in church as needed
– Negotiate some debt and pay it
– Visit my family in Brazil
– Travel to Israel, the land of the Bible
3. My Long-Term Goals (3 years +)
– To buy a vacation home on a beach in João Pessoa, Brazil, my hometown
– Spend 6 months in Germany to learn German while visiting family
– Spend 6 months in Italy to learn Italian
– To travel around Europe to experience the different languages and cultures
As you can see setting goals is something very practical that gives you a sense of purpose and direction. They are measurable, achievable and time-targeted goals. You can be very specific and determine how and when you’re going to accomplish each goal. So, it’s important to have your list of goals handy as you go through them and cross them out.
Goal setting is a very effective tool that enables you to move forward. And every time you successfully achieve a goal, you feel encouraged to keep on going. And of course, goal setting is something flexible: as you accomplish certain goals and grow, it will be very natural to add or make changes to your goals.
Thank you Better Women’s Network for helping me understand that goal setting is essential for life and business.
P.S. If you want to talk about goal setting or ask questions about starting a business online, please contact me on Facebook.
Latest posts by Ligia (Posts)
- A Brazilian Portuguese Lesson - August 7, 2013
- How to Make Sure Our WWII “Heroes of Conscience” Are Never Forgotten - July 29, 2013
- A Country of Freedom - July 4, 2013
- There Are No Quick, Easy, Money Fixes Online - June 28, 2013
- Do You Enjoy Watching The World Cup Soccer Tournaments? - June 17, 2013