Every online marketer knows that to have a successful business online he/she should be blogging. It may seem difficult to express yourself as you get started, but it eventually becomes easier as you keep doing it. Observe and study people who you know are successful bloggers and keep on taking action on what you learn.
I just love the way Stanford Smith from PushingSocial.com states the 7 insights he wished he had known before he started blogging. He said two things that particularly called my attention:
- You need more than content because content is king, but promotion is queen.
- Traffic is nothing unless you convert strangers into subscribers
Stan also mentions that he’s an introvert in the offline world and that he thought he could get away with doing his own thing without actually connecting to people on the Internet. He quickly realized that that didn’t work and had to learn how to get over that handicap when he started his blog: PushishSocial.com. He saw the importance of establishing relationships online and how crucial real connections can be for anyone who desires to be a successful with blogging.
I too am a bit shy and thought that I just needed to follow instructions on how to build a blog and didn’t need to get too involved with people. I was definitely mistaken. The online world can become lonely, frustrating, and draining if you trying to do it on your own. We need mentors, partners and peers to get support from, to exchange ideas, and to help each other grow stronger and more confident. As for your readers, they want to relate to you and to know that you are for real and that you care.
To all of you who are still uncertain about blogging, here’s another quote from Stanford Smith: “Your voice is unique. You owe to yourself to try blogging.” So, go out there and blog!
Fun blogging to you!
P.S. Let’s connect on Facebook and chat about blogging.
Latest posts by Ligia (Posts)
- A Brazilian Portuguese Lesson - August 7, 2013
- How to Make Sure Our WWII “Heroes of Conscience” Are Never Forgotten - July 29, 2013
- A Country of Freedom - July 4, 2013
- There Are No Quick, Easy, Money Fixes Online - June 28, 2013
- Do You Enjoy Watching The World Cup Soccer Tournaments? - June 17, 2013