YES, you bet I am!!
I’m dreaming because I’m designing my dream life, which is Week Two’s challenge of the “Quick Start Challenge”.
Firstly, let’s step back a moment and let you in on why I have started building an online business.
My husband works full-time and I have promised him for many years that I would ensure we were in a situation where I was earning sufficient income to allow him to retire in his mid-fifties (he is now 51, so the target is not far away!)
I decided after leaving a job I was no longer enjoying that I wanted to be my own boss and never have to work for someone else – I will decide when I work and for how long – don’t get me wrong – I am more than happy to put in the hard yards, the long hours to achieve my dreams.
But, wouldn’t it be nice to only have to work one day, or maybe two days a week and have that residual income still coming into our bank account daily?
I certainly think so! AND that is my goal….
Therefore, my online business income will cover:
- all of our daily living expenses
- having sold our current house, we are now living in a brand new house here in Timaru New Zealand, with views of the mountains and sea (mortgage free)
- my husband and I will both have brand new vehicles every two years with full servicing covered on them
- the debt that our daughters have due to studying for their degrees will be totally repaid
- we will be travelling 3-4 months a year – ticking off all of our bucket list items
- we will be doing voluntary work in our local community and in particular we want to set up a food and clothing bank for those who require additional support
- as part of more voluntary work, my husband would love to be passing on his mountain bike skills to other adults and school children, and I am very keen to help out at the Cancer Society.
Now, getting back to designing my dream life…. My husband and I have talked and discussed this often while sitting in our spa pool looking at the stars.
Yes, we want to travel the world and in style…. First class all the way! Cycling, walking, river cruises, castles, small villages, big cities, people watching and just enjoying being a part of a different culture and a different way of living.
We are avid All Blacks fans (well we do live in New Zealand!) – so following numerous All Blacks Rugby Tours would be the ultimate experience for us.
Also very keen mountain bikers, we would love to follow the CrankWorx mountain biking series in Rotorua NZ, Les Gets FRANCE, Innsbruck AUSTRIA and Whistler CANADA.
I want to buy my husband a brand new 2018 GT Mustang – charcoal colour (valued at $79990 NZD), and I want to give him the experience of flying in a World War Two Spitfire, from Biggin Hill – the most famous RAF Battle of Britain Fighter Base. (valued at $8000 NZD).
Recently, I have learnt more about financial investing and knowing that I want financial freedom ie covering all our monthly expenses fully with the income from my online business and investments. I go by these five rules:
- save at least 10% of your income
- control your income and expenses
- protect your money
- learn how to invest wisely
- always learn to earn more
My goal to ensure our financial freedom means I need to be earning a residual income of $15,650 per month
Living expenses $2500
(power, gas, rates, insurances, phone, tv)
Transport costs $550
(fuel, warrant of fitness, registration)
Clothing and misc $2000
(NEVER have to look at price tags again!!)
Entertainment, dining $2000
(including family and friends)
I don’t see this just as a DREAM, but something I can achieve and WILL achieve.
What’s your Dream Lifestyle?
Take the time to really think about where you want to be, and how long will it take you to get there – what are you doing now to live that dream?