Branding Yourself – Do You Need a Personal Blog?
Branding is important for anyone who’s online, and writing your own personal blog is a perfect way to brand yourself. You need a personal blog if you want to tell the world about your unique talents and the value that you bring.
Here are a few reasons why a personal blog is so important:
– It’s Your Social Resume. Your blog is an online resume that shows people what you can do and what value you bring. It shows off your strengths.
– It Keeps You Relevant. In order to establish an effective personal brand, you need to establish your expertise. Your blog shows that you’re up-to-date on what’s going on in your industry.
– It Builds Trust. One purpose of branding is to build trust. People want to know who you are before they buy from you or hire you. Your consistency in your blog posts helps to build this trust.
– It Gives You an Avenue of Communication. Blogging is all about networking, communicating and sharing interests with like-minded people. You can build relationships with other bloggers and with your readers.
– Image Control. Your blog is your ‘home on the Web.’ It can help you manage your reputation.
– You Can Tell Your Story. A compelling story is important in branding. It shows who you are and where you came from. Your blog gives you a chance to tell yours.
Naming Your Blog
The best name for your personal blog is simply your own name. However, there are a few things to keep in mind. For one thing, if you use your name for your personal blog, you should be the only person writing content. It’s okay to occasionally accept guest blog posts, but the purpose of the blog is to sell you, not other writers.
You shouldn’t use your own name if the purpose of your blog is to sell products or services. For example, if you’re going to do affiliate marketing, use something else for the name. Your personal blog should focus only on you. If you’re using it to sell unrelated products, this will cause a disconnect for your readers.
One more thing to keep in mind is that you should only use your name if you plan to blog long-term. If you think you may someday sell the blog, use something else. It’s nearly impossible to sell a website named with a person’s name.
What Should You Write?
When writing your personal blog, focus not on what you want to talk about, but what your readers want to hear. What would help them the most? Answer their questions and offer tips to help them with their problems. You might also post news about your industry or other topics that you know about.
Try to focus your blog posts on getting some dialog going. Ask questions or present arguments and encourage your readers to voice their opinions. You want to get as many people commenting as possible.
Don’t forget that the personal touch is what really sets a brand apart. This means that it’s alright to sometimes write purely personal posts. You don’t want your blog to be all about what you did today or how you feel about something you saw on TV, but it’s good to let your human side come out. Your readers want your helpful advice, but they also like to know more about you as well.
Creating your own blog is the easiest way to establish a presence on the Internet. In fact, it is also the cheapest way to get started on the Internet as there are a number of free blogging sites out there, for example http://blogger.com.
While blogging itself isn’t rocket science, trying to figure out how to make money blogging is a bit a tricky.
Most bloggers are happy if they can make $75 a month from their blog. Then there are people that teach you to create 100 blogs and make $5 a month per blog. You gotta be kidding me…
I personally use the Empower Network Blogging platform. It’s a very easy to set up, ready to go blog, and they teach you How To Get Buckets Of Hands Free Traffic And Explode Your Sales In ANY PROGRAM Faster Than A Jack Rabbit On Viagra. If you want to earn money with your blog…Click here for more information
The no 1 blog monetization strategy today
Have you ever heard the saying “Some people can trip in shit and turn it into gold“?
That’s what this viral blog platform can do for you.
Because just about EVERYTHING IS ALREADY DONE FOR YOU…
You don’t have to spend countless hours trying to figure out the geek speak…
You don’t have to buy a domain name…
You don’t have to know how to point your DNS…
You don’t have to get expensive high speed hosting…
You don’t have to FTP a damn thing…
You don’t have to pay a designer thousands for a kick ass, high converting theme…
You don’t have to pay a programmer to code everything and solve problems as they come up…
You don’t have to set up a MySQL database…
You don’t have to learn how to use cPanel…
You don’t have to do any complicated installs…
In fact, all you do is pick a theme, add your autoresponder to build your list if you want, place a banner ad or two, and start blogging. That’s it. All the geeky crap is taken care of.
As you can see there are several benefits to starting your own blog. If you can count that many benefits from an Internet marketing technique that is so powerful and easy then you are foolish not to begin using it for yourself.
To your success
Latest posts by npn78252 (Posts)
- FB Marketing – Increasing Engagement on Your Facebook Posts - August 25, 2013
- How to Determine an Approach to Your Facebook Page - August 24, 2013
- Facebook Marketing – How To Promote Your Facebook Page - August 23, 2013
- Tips for Setting up Your Facebook Page for Your Target Audience - August 22, 2013
- Facebook for Business – Balancing Your Personal Profile and Facebook Page for Business - August 21, 2013